Saturday, October 06, 2007

Directions to San Ysidro Sentri Lane:

I know people would rather go to the San Ysidro Sentri lane than to the Otay Mesa crossing if it was easy to get there. I found these directions on another website - I have not tried them out myself. The written directions do not have street names. I'll try to find them on my Tijuana map and add them in. If you try these dirctions, let us know how it worked!

Directions:

Because you are dealing with round-abouts, a primmer may be necessary: a right turn is 1/4 of the way around, straight ahead is 1/2 way around and a left is 3/4th of the way around.

I suggest getting off the toll road in Rosarito Beach (Norte) and proceeding north on the Free Road. At the first round about in Tijuana, go three quarters of the way around (you are, in essence, making a left).

Go a block. At the next roundabout, make a right (that's a quarter of the way around). GO ACROSS THE BRIDGE!

At the next round about, go 3/4th of the way around (essentially a left turn).

At the next round about, go 1/2 way around (or straight ahead). Right after you get beyond the roundabout, you'll see a sign straight ahead that says "SENTRI."


I found these maps, too: San Ysidro Sentri lane from the free road:

And here's one from the toll road:

Note: the blog editor is not resonsible for anyone who attempts to follow these directions and gets hopelessly lost in Tijuana, adding hours to their journey or inches to their waistline (due to the necessity of buying churros to stave off starvation)

No comments: